Mastering is the last process in the audio production sequence. It is, if you like, the final air-brushing of your masterpiece which not only can bring your audio to life, but makes it sit well alongside other commercial recordings.
Audio mastering is a bit of a black art. You may have some similar plug-ins on your recording software, but nothing can compensate for experience in how to fix and get the best from your audio recordings. We can professionally master your completed song(s) to bring them to life and compile your final Master ready for duplication to CD or vinyl. We have specialist equipment and plenty of experience in the mastering of audio to ensure that your final production master is improved considerably.
Don't scrimp on this aspect of your project. Mastering really can make a huge difference, not only in the tonal quality, but ensuring that your music comes to life and sounds great on all audio systems. If you're not convinced, we'll be happy to give you a sample of one of your tracks and let you hear the difference for yourself !
The mastering process includes:
- Repairing any glitches, peaks or obvious defaults in audio that may be of concern
- EQ of all tracks to ensure they sound great on a range of audio systems, and to ensure that the 'tone' of the compiled tracks is consistent throughout.
- Multiband compression to add warmth, character, energy and level the various frequencies of the audio tracks. Helps to iron out any frequency heavy areas of concern and can bring out individual instruments and vocals in the mix.
- Normalising and limiting to ensure that your final master plays at a decent level without clipping.
- Compilation of all tracks for master CD adding pauses, crossfades and effects as required.
- Creation and testing of a final production CD master ready for duplication
Highly recommended for all completed mixes prior to CD authoring.
- See our mastering rates